| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Clearing unwanted traces

raghu , 02-09-2017, 02:32 AM

After the completion of routing how to find what are the nets i left unrouted ?!.. and i have generated odb++ file got the camfile below screen shot .

now i have to remove unwanted tracks in the pcb. in cam files it is showing but how to go to pcb and remove it. in this cam i m able to see the place where unwanted traces and voile-ted tracks but how could i remove in pcb. they are nearly 1000 traces like that, it is very difficult to remove one by one checking in cam file again coming to pcb re drawing it. its taking more and more time .

please can you guide me through this process.

thanks in advance.

mairomaster , 02-09-2017, 03:22 AM
You can visualise the unrouted connections from View - Connections - Show All. Also with the design rule check (DRC) you have a rule about unrouted nets - it will give you errors if you have any unrouted nets.

I don't understand what you mean by unwanted tracks? It is not very clear from the screenshot. Which track are unwanted and why? Why did you place them in a first place?
robertferanec , 02-09-2017, 10:13 AM
I agree with @mairomaster. Normally there should not be any "unwanted" tracks. Please could you clarify what are these? "Unwanted" tracks are normally automatically removed by Altium (loop removal function).
raghu , 02-09-2017, 09:51 PM
thank you,

in show connections it is not clearly observing, in some programs, we will have rat nets which will show only unrouted nets.
1) i want like that it should display only unrouted nets.
2) when i m re drawing traces, sometimes some un wanted traces remains like i should in the pic, the trace in white color is the unwanted trace.
mairomaster , 02-10-2017, 02:47 AM
In Altium the rat nest indeed shows only the un-routed nets, that is it's purpose. I can't quite understand what is the white track in your Cam viewer, I don't remember seeing such. If you have any random tracks laying around and you have your rules set currently, it should become obvious during DRC (make sure your Net Antennae rule is also enabled). Apart from that when you are checking the layout, layer by layer, normally it's not hard to notice such random tracks.

You can also try using filter queries to find some tracks/objects that are not connected to anything. For example try:

IsElectrical And (Net = 'No Net')
raghu , 02-10-2017, 02:57 AM
thank you so much and how to check rat nest in altium pls guide me for that
Comments:
mairomaster, 02-10-2017, 03:23 AM
As I previously said - you can visualise the unrouted connections from the menu (top bar) View - Connections - Show All.
raghu , 02-10-2017, 03:08 AM
the above option im unable to get, how i checked explaiining below.

pcb --> pcb Filter --> a window came in fig-1, i have typed as IsElectrical not able to do.

and i did same IsElectrical And (Net = 'No Net') is not coming and fig-2 i m geting the error .

please tell me how to do it.

Comments:
mairomaster, 02-10-2017, 03:32 AM
You missed the And between the two queries. Just copy and paste:IsElectrical And (Net = 'No Net')It will be good if you can send me the PCB or a sample PCB illustrating the problem so I can take a look.
raghu , 02-10-2017, 05:14 AM
yes i did IsElectrical And (Net = 'No Net') also in filter ,
after that i haven't got any thing. after apply nothing i have seen is there any other thing i should set?
attaching file of it.
raghu , 02-10-2017, 05:16 AM
this is the image
mairomaster , 02-10-2017, 05:32 AM
Well that means that at least you don't have free hanging objects with no net assigned.
raghu , 02-10-2017, 05:52 AM
no i have un routed nets,i for cross check now only i have removed the 2 nets and did filter and i haven't found any thing after apply. only if i go to that place where i have removed there only i m able to see other wise im not. i have enabled zoom also and disabled checked with both. but i haven't find any difference.
raghu , 02-18-2017, 04:41 AM
Hello every one,
I m having a problem which im explaining below
what i did is layer setting all off and show toes and connections, then nothing is displaying and when i m again doing all on then it showing the connection which has to route.
all the files i have attached below. please tell me how to get a proper rat nest option.

robertferanec , 02-20-2017, 11:31 AM
Maybe you have the Top and Botom layer disabled? They are unchecked in Layers setting.JPG
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?