| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

how to create rooms?

raghu , 02-09-2017, 02:41 AM
hello every one,

For example i m having 5 controllers and 5 IC's in my pcb.
Each of them have different pitch length and its very complicated for every time to adjust the trace width and clearance width.
I came to Know by using rooms options we can avoid this problem.

Please can any one guide me how to create rooms and its rules?
and adding same kind of IC's to that rule.

mairomaster , 02-09-2017, 03:26 AM
I am not sure that room will solve you problem (or if it will be the best solution). I very very rarely use room and if I do, most of the time is for a multi-channel design. Why do you need to change the track width/clearance for every different IC? Normally you would use the same width for all (or at least most) of the signal tracks on a particular layer.
raghu , 02-09-2017, 09:54 PM
yes most of the IC's will have same pin pitch but controllers will have different and some IC's will have very thin pins for those every time we have to change trace width and clearance width .
with out using rooms how can i solve my problem
mairomaster , 02-10-2017, 02:17 AM
Even with some of the smallest pitch packages, you have a pin width of about 0.2 mm:

In such case you can easily use 0.2 mm or less track width across the board. Even the cheapest manufacturers should be able to do that and you don't really have a reason to go with thicker signal tracks. If you need thicker tracks for power pins, you usually just make those ticker - it is a common practice. You can setup a secondary width rule which includes your power nets.

If you still want to do something like this with rooms, refer to the following link:

raghu , 02-10-2017, 02:42 AM
thanku you @mairomaster
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?