| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Fanout

sneha.xeye , 02-10-2017, 01:30 AM
Hi..
In my project i have used a BGA component IC (ADV7533BCBZ-RL) but i have problem in creating fanout for this component because the pad premitive distance is 0.2mm.. Can anyone help me how to create fanout for this kind of IC?
mairomaster , 02-10-2017, 02:09 AM
For such a small pitch and pad count you will need micro vias. If you don't want to use such for you project (maybe you can do without apart from this package) maybe you want to chose a bigger pitch IC or a different package.

The outermost pads you can just route on the top layer. The second row will go to the first internal layer with micro vias. Depending on how many of the 3rd row signals you need to fan out, you might need another internal signal layer and more micro vias. Your stack could look like this:

L1 - Top
L2 - GND plane
L3 - Internal Layer 1
L4 - Internal Layer 2

In this case you will need micro vias between L1 - L2 and L2 - L3. As already said, you might also need to go L3 - L4 if you need most of the signals on the 3rd row of pads (PD, HPD, REXT, etc). I think you might be alright without this though - so 2 micro via drill pairs in the best case.

Another trick that is convenient to use in such situation is to route the 3rd row of pads on L3 as well. That could be done based on the fact that you can choose the size of the micro vias, so that they can be smaller than the BGA pads. For example if you go with 0.275 micro via (if you can), that will give you 0.225 space between the micro via pads on L3. Then if you use 0.075 track width (just to do the fan out - you can increase it after that), it will be enough to go in between the micro via pads, leaving you a clearance of 0.075. If you need to do all of these, you first need to speak to your manufacturer capabilities though. This is demonstrated on the following picture (they used micro vias in pad, you don't necessarily need to do that):

sneha.xeye , 02-10-2017, 02:24 AM
Thank you so much.. its very helpful..
robertferanec , 02-13-2017, 08:28 AM
Thank you @mairomaster
ashwinder s garcha , 05-16-2019, 10:32 AM
Hi fedevel family
I have a problem in fanout in AD 19
I am Using same rules in AD17 fanout perfect . I open up both softwares and compare rules on both are same .please respond if anyone knows thanks
robertferanec , 05-17-2019, 01:11 AM
Please, provide more details e.g. screenshots from the rules.

PS: Possibly, double check priority of the rules (placing a rule on the top or bottom of the rule list will make difference).
ashwinder s garcha , 05-17-2019, 05:54 PM
pics attached
robertferanec , 05-20-2019, 07:25 AM
What exactly is the problem?
ashwinder s garcha , 05-20-2019, 07:46 AM
Fanout only on top layer in ad 19
robertferanec , 05-20-2019, 08:17 AM
Are you trying to open the same design in different versions of Altium and this is what we see ... or these are completely different projects and you use copy and paste for the layout? Or are you trying to do automatic fanout?

Also, the VIAs in the second project look different to me ... are they ok?
ashwinder s garcha , 05-20-2019, 02:49 PM
yes robert i open same project in different version . vias size same in both
robertferanec , 05-21-2019, 12:28 AM
If you are trying to open the same PCB file in AD17 and in AD19, the layout should be the same. Layout has nothing to do with rules - tracks should not just dissaper. Something else is happening here. I am not sure why you would not see the tracks.

If you can upload the file here, I can have a look and I can tell you if I see the same difference between AD17 and AD19.
ashwinder s garcha , 05-21-2019, 03:47 AM
Robert i am trying To fanout on both versions . In ad 16 it fanout and route escape when we do auto fanout . You can see tracks on all layer as you see in pic . But in ad19 it fanout but escape route only works on top layer missing all other layers
ashwinder s garcha , 05-21-2019, 03:48 AM
Please go through pic
robertferanec , 05-21-2019, 11:28 PM
I do not use automatic fanout.

Is it possible to route the signals manually? If yes, maybe there is something in automatic fanout settings what is different between the versions?
Paul van Avesaath , 05-22-2019, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by robertferanec
I do not use automatic fanout.
yes always do it manually.. !! much more flexible.. and it is just copy and past after the first section..
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?