| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Filter to show unconnected nets

angelsix , 10-22-2015, 08:58 AM
Is there a filter to easily show nets that have not yet been connected? It's very useful to see what remains to be routed on the board
robertferanec , 10-23-2015, 12:24 AM
Maybe you can set a filter, but easy way to see unconnected nets is View->Connections->Show All. Probably the most comfortable way to see unconnected nets is to use DRC: Tools -> Design Rule Check -> Run Design Rule check. Then go to the bottom right corner of your PCB and click on PCB -> PCB Rules and Violations

Screenshot: Unrouted nets in PCB Rules and Violations window

angelsix , 10-23-2015, 01:29 AM
I have no issues even though there are hundreds of unconnected nets.

The show nets is hard to see and easy to miss if they are close together. I would of thought there would be a way to show a list.

Also in my case I have routed a power net 3V3 and want to check that net is fully routed before carrying on. I see no easy way to do that.
robertferanec , 10-23-2015, 01:33 AM
Probably it is not checked in DRC window (Tools -> Design Rule Check -> Rules to Check -> Electrical -> Un-Routed Net ), see below:

angelsix , 10-23-2015, 01:40 AM
Its already checked
robertferanec , 10-23-2015, 01:41 AM
Did you press "Run Design Rule Check ..." button?
angelsix , 10-23-2015, 01:46 AM
Haha.. ooops. That would be why. Thanks.

So that gives me a list of all unconnected routes. I'm now trying to write a filter as they would be much better. I can't find any call that is for "unconnected" or "unrouted"
angelsix , 10-23-2015, 01:52 AM
Ok I found a nice way. Create a new unrouted connections rule in Design->Rules... and add InNet('+3V3'), change priority to above the All rule, and re-rule rule checker.

Then you can really easily see the disconnected items in that net.

Now it would still be nice to do this directly in filter window just typing a net, but for now this will do
roberfp , 09-25-2016, 03:08 PM
thanks for information guys!
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?