| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

error while placing component in schematic

raghu , 02-10-2017, 09:59 PM
hello every one,

i m having a problem, in schematic i did a mistake, given same designator for 2 components and modified it.
after updating pcb again every time that components are missing i cross checked the name foot print also . the problem exixts again and again.

so i removed the component and added new component there also its not taking and shoeing an error, which i have attached the image in fig-4.
please guide me to rectify the problem.

thank you all .
raghu , 02-10-2017, 10:02 PM
this is the image of error
mairomaster , 02-13-2017, 01:42 AM
Altium does such errors sometimes. I haven't worked with AD09 and those errors are version dependent to a degree so I can't really help you. If you can easily reproduce the error, check how much RAM Altium uses. If it approaches 2-3GB that would be the problem and you have to find out why it uses so much memory - maybe you have many things open at the same time or the PCB file is very big, etc. Otherwise you can't do much - maybe try to find an alternative way to do the operation which causes the error.

Mine and different people's opinion is that the new versions are more stable in general and receive regular updates. That's why I always advocate using AD16 if possible.
sneha.xeye , 02-14-2017, 04:14 AM
Copy the whole project to a new destination may be this will help... sometimes this kind of problems removed by doing this..
raghu , 02-14-2017, 05:13 AM
Thank you @mairomaster ,
Thank you @sneha.xeye i did that only and my problem solved after doing 3 4 times. which version are you using now for your designing?
sneha.xeye , 02-14-2017, 09:10 PM
AD16.0 @raghu
raghu , 02-14-2017, 10:37 PM
okay i m doing altium by my self, my company still uses protel only so is there any way to get altium software?!

can i have your email id please @sneha.xeye .
mine is ch.raghudeep@gmail.com
sneha.xeye , 02-14-2017, 10:47 PM
sorry @raghu i have no idea about that.. i got it from my colleague & he is out of station..
here is my email_id- sneha.xeye@gmail.com
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?