| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

SHARING SCREENS

raghu , 02-11-2017, 04:30 AM
Hello every one,

I have a doubts.
1)Is it possible in altium that SCH file and PCB file can be split between two monitors??? I want sch in one monitor and pcb in other monitor. if any please tell me the procedure to do that.
2)and if i m routing in pcb can i see the nets in sch also means if i m drawing in pcb it shows what are the connections i have to that net like that only when i m routing, at the same time in schematic also the same pins or nets can be seen?? if it possible please tell me how to do it.

thank you all.
mairomaster , 02-13-2017, 01:56 AM
Hi.

You just need to drag and drop the schematic/pcb tab currently open in the second monitor and it should move it.

You can do cross probing between schematics and PCB (and vice versa) if that's what you mean:

robertferanec , 02-13-2017, 08:47 AM
or if you are not sure, just press right click on the TAB with Schematic/PCB and select "Open In New Window". As @mairomaster noted, for selecting components or nets between schematic and PCB you need to enable cross probing. This video may help you: Altium – Component Placement & Probing (The New & Old Way)

Picture of opening PCB in new window:
raghu , 02-14-2017, 05:08 AM
thank you for the help i have did cross probe, with the help of it i can select the component at same time that was really very helpful which was explained by Robert. Thank you so much @robertferanec .

Thank you @mairomaster for you help and i haven't got what i need,
i will explain it again,
now if i m routing pcb , i select one pin of a particular net all the other pins will be highlighted and shows all the connections to be routed.
like wise in sch if i select one node or one pin of a component did it show all the other connections in sch?!
if we can do it means please help me to do it.
mairomaster , 02-14-2017, 05:47 AM
In the schematics you can Alt + Click on a net to display all connections of this net in the sheet. It works the same way as CTRL + Click in the PCB. I don't know if somehow you can make it automatically do that while you are routing in the PCB though.
raghu , 02-14-2017, 06:11 AM
yes it can be done in pcb with that command,
same for sch also means its easy.

if we would have automatically means that will be very very useful , any way thankyou @mairomaster for your guidance.
robertferanec , 02-14-2017, 04:02 PM
like wise in sch if i select one node or one pin of a component did it show all the other connections in sch?!
Also, you can browse through schematic. Have a look at this video: Do you check your schematic the same way?
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?