| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Orcad to altium design importation without making mistake

hajri_abderaouf , 02-13-2017, 01:19 AM
Hi,

There is a topic that i want to share with you my colleagues,from more than 2 years i started design schematic using orcad capture,and altium designer to do pcb,it's was easy for the begining to check the schematic,but nowdays i'm worry about layout because each time i have to synchronise each component with his footprint from Tools>footrint manager
When i make some change in schematic and i remake the import to altium designer,the tools can know wich component have been removed or added by the designator,but there's a mistake that could be done when changing package of the component from 0402 to 0603 as example..or when re-annotate schematic is there any solution that you use to do that?i lose so much time to

robertferanec , 02-13-2017, 09:04 AM
You need to be careful when you use "Component Links". This is reason why I always check all the three Designator & Comment & Footprint before clicking on "Add Pairs Matched By". I think, once Altium pairs a component in Schematic with a footprint in PCB, then it may not recognize differences (e.g. I think you can even pair a 0603 footprint even if in your schematic it should be 0402). Something similar has happen to me some time ago, so I am very careful about it now.

Window: Project -> Component Links (notice the checkboxes in the left bottom corner)
hajri_abderaouf , 02-14-2017, 05:57 AM
Thanks Robert i'll follow this solution
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?