| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

controlling versions and revisions.

raghu , 03-07-2017, 01:55 AM
Hello Every one,

i m very confused in using version control system.
how to use it properly, and when ever im doing modifications to my schematic how can it generate automatically revision increment ,
and how to maintain a description file for the modifications carried from one revision to other.

@robertferanec if you have any video please share with.
robertferanec , 03-07-2017, 09:16 AM
@raghu, we do not use Altium schematic / pcb versioning in our company. We only use versioning which is done automatically on our server and which is automatically versioning ALL the files. I have never really needed to use versioning on schematics or PCB. If I need a backup (e.g. if I am planning to do some big changes in schematic or PCB), I just pack the project directory and mark it with the date.
raghu , 03-07-2017, 09:53 PM
Thank you @robertferanec , please explain me how to automatically versioning ALL the files.
robertferanec , 03-08-2017, 06:09 AM
We use google drive. Their application does it automatically: https://support.google.com/drive/ans...DDesktop&hl=en

You can download and keep old copies of PDF files, images, and other files stored in Google Drive.
  1. Go to drive.google.com.
  2. Click on a file.
  3. At the top right, click More .
  4. Click Manage versions.
  5. Click More .
  6. Click Download to save a copy to your computer.
Only the most recent versions of past documents will be saved, unless you click Keep forever.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?