| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Export comprehensive part list - multiple variants

gabe , 03-22-2017, 10:44 AM
Premises: project with a one page schematic,about 50 items, multiple variants. Variants differ either through a couple of not placed components, or alternate components. The alternate components are represented separately in the integrated library.
What I would like to do is create a BOM that contains all the items, even if alternate.

Example: basic schematic contains component C1 with solution S1. Variant V2 contains an alternate solution, S2. I am looking for a BOM file that contains both S1 and S2 components, and I can't seem to be able to create it. I could put the solution as an alternate for the same component in the library, but then I won't be able to select a different component for the second variant.

For example, I have V1 with T1 240V transformer, and I need V2 with T1 277V transformer. I can't have both on a comprehensive BOM.
robertferanec , 03-22-2017, 06:12 PM
I am not sure if that is possible as if you use an alternate in variant you only can select one component.
gabe , 03-22-2017, 08:38 PM
Well, I am not sure if it is possible, but I need to get a list of all the components for the certification agency (UL in this case). Thank you, Robert, for the reply. I have been watching your videos and followed your tutorials for quite a while. I thought it might not be possible, and if it would have been, you would have known about it , that's why I asked.

Thank you again.
robertferanec , 03-23-2017, 09:52 AM
Thank you @gabe for watching my youtube

I do not use all the Altium features, so I do not know how some special cases could be done - so, maybe there still is a way how it could be done. Also, Altium keeps changing the software (e.g. they have done quite a lot of changes in the variants) so I may not be aware of all the changes. The best is always to ask Altium support - they are usually very good in it
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?