| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Hang UP!

JohnsonMiller , 04-13-2017, 03:46 AM
Hi,

In a big design I saw a very strange case, in interactive and manual routing mode when I select a GND net, Altium locks with no response and show no sign, until around 100s, then returns back to normal. It repeats if I click on GND net, strange is that it happens just with GND net. Any comment?
robertferanec , 04-15-2017, 08:40 AM
Try to select and delete all tracks and polygons connected to GND and check if it helps. If yes, try to located which track / polygon is causing the problem.
JohnsonMiller , 04-15-2017, 12:22 PM
Dear Robert, thank you for your response;
it was a big board with deadline already passed! so there was no option to do,
Board is finished and ordered, but I would like to find the root reason, I remember that it showed up after I made a change in routing mode, but strange was the fact that it happening just with the GND net!!!
robertferanec , 04-16-2017, 11:55 AM
I suggested that, because I think someone else had very similar issue. I just can not find that email. But I think it was a specific polygon related issue and once the polygon was deleted and re-drawn everything was working oki again.
JohnsonMiller , 04-16-2017, 10:57 PM
Thank you, I will give it a try!

After this many years from early Protel to current AD, still there are some issues that shows up especially with big and complicated design, which is really annoying! I think AD's people should pay more attention to them.

BR.
JohnsonMiller , 04-28-2017, 09:19 AM
I switched back to AD16.1, this issue is gone! There are many things which is wrong in AD17, I think we can say it is bug!
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?