| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Length Tuning

JohnsonMiller , 04-24-2017, 12:12 AM
Dear Robert,

In a design with length tuning, I do see a very strange behavior. After finishing the work and checking design rules and making sure all rules done, when I reopen the design strange and messy trace appear in the design! Attached is a screen shoot.

Any idea why it happen?
JohnsonMiller , 04-24-2017, 08:47 AM
Another related question, how we can include package trace into total length tuning?
robertferanec , 04-24-2017, 09:48 AM
- Length tuning - something went wrong. I am not sure why you see the lines, but they are clearly the waves which you already have in design. It looks to me like CTRL+C... CTRL+V problem (maybe you copied some tracks and you had also something else selected?)

- pin delay, this may help you: http://techdocs.altium.com/display/A...y+Support))_AD

JohnsonMiller , 04-25-2017, 04:42 AM
Thank you Robert,

Friend of mine suggested that this issue is related to the fact that I was not using "Explode to Length Tuning To Free Primitives", I did it, also I went to PCB tab and check all Unions, and resolved all. Any comment?

I also see some algorithmic issue with length tuning. We usually select a group of nets and use longest as target with a +/- value, length matching will tune the length but by adding a +, now new net is the longest and new target and it will start an endless loop, it happened to me. Am I doing something wrong or missing a point?

BR,
robertferanec , 04-25-2017, 04:55 PM
- I have never had this issue, so if explode helped, it's awesome
- Do not make it longer. Keep it smaller than target, that should help.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?