| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Advanced hardware design - Lesson_2

Hareesh , 04-26-2017, 08:30 AM
Hi Robert,

I have few fallowing doubts.

1. Add Titles: I have added Title to each page by using Document name. But how to name the sub titles in documents. Should i need to check datasheet using component part number ? (I have done few)

2. Block diagram: For me its difficult to understand all the schematic page and write my own block diagram. I found an iMX53 datasheet online in that there is an block diagram(Please find the attached file). Shall i use this and create it or can you suggest some tips to create it won.

3. Add page numbers to Port: I really don't know how to modify the page number to port in schematic which is already contains the page number in the port. Like in the imx53 schematics.

4. Any tips to figure out the Net names and Net class names. ( i.e finding proper and related names to particular chip)

5. When i open iMX53 PCB document, my Altium tool become very slow and its difficult to modify something. ( Version- Altium Summer 09)

Thank you Robert.
robertferanec , 04-28-2017, 11:29 AM
Hi Hareesh,

1) Titles: Just add Text. And yes, you will need to check datasheets for many components. If you are not sure, you can always check how we do it in our open source projects: http://www.imx6rex.com/

2) Block diagram: The main point is, that you understand how difficult it is to understand a schematic without block diagram. And as I can see, you already understand that Yes, you can use the block diagram from the datasheet.

3) Port: This may help you: How to add a Page number to a Port in Altium Designer

4) Net name: Use what you think is clear name

5) Hmm, I am not sure why I am afraid I can not really help with this.

- Robert
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?