| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

NET ASSIGNMENT PROBLEM

RichardHelou , 04-30-2017, 10:45 AM
Hello Guys ,

i am having this issue with altium designer while assigning net labels to parts where there is a power pin in order to connect uc pins to pullup/down or for example decoupling caps .. When i add net label to any power connected wire all the other wires connected to the same power label will have the name as the net label
How can i do it if possible while still using net labels but without changing the properties of all the power labels in the design

Please note i was able to avoid this issue by using ports but this way i cant visualize the net name in pcb editor for easier routing

Thanks In Advance

mairomaster , 05-02-2017, 01:39 AM
If I understood correctly, you want to have independent net names for the different power nets, however you want to connect all of them to 3.3V at the same time?

This is the topic about a net having several names (or multiple nets connected together) and has been discussed in the forum many times. You can't easily do that normally. You can try using net ties, but they are not particularly elegant in the layout.
robertferanec , 05-06-2017, 06:31 PM
@RichardHelou as @mairomaster mentioned, there is no elegant solution for this (maybe using net ties). What we do, in schematic we place the components close to the pins where they should be and during placement we know, where we need to place them. Also, you may want to consider to stick with conventions (e.g. the proper way to mark a power net in schematics is using power symbols), so when people see your schematic it is easy to understand and read.
RichardHelou , 05-07-2017, 10:29 AM
@mairomaster @robertferanec That was clear thanks for your quick help and response
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?