| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

BOM generation

raghu , 05-13-2017, 05:34 AM
Hello everyone.

i have a problem while generating the BOM file...
im going to Reports Bill of material and enabling the required fields but they are not coming as i selected. And for entering the manufacture details(company name is the field in that report) where should i enter the details of the Manufacture while entering the details of a component in the schematic. pls give me the solution for this ..

Thanks in advance.
mairomaster , 05-15-2017, 01:48 AM
You should have all the information that you need in the BOM as parameters of the components. For example you have a parameter Manufacturer, which has a value of the manufacturer's name for the particular component. When you include the parameter in the BOM after that, it will extract the value from each component and populate it in the BOM. Check the following articles:

Explore Altium Designer 17.1 technical documentation for Bill of Materials (BOM) _AD and related features.

Explore Altium Designer 22 technical documentation for WorkspaceManager_Dlg-ReportComponentsSetup_FormReport Manager_AD and related features.
robertferanec , 05-15-2017, 09:02 AM
raghu , 05-16-2017, 02:42 AM
Thank you very much
Hareesh , 06-01-2017, 01:02 AM
Hi Robert,

> I have created two new parameters (SCHChecked and PCBChecked) in schematic library.
> These parameters are not visible in configuring window while generating BOM.

Thank you.
robertferanec , 06-01-2017, 04:55 PM
They should be visible:

Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?