| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

beginner in altium

Abu Issa , 07-28-2017, 10:47 AM
dear friends i used to do my circuits with orcad suite before it changes into allegro and become complicated so i turned into altium which is a great suite to design electrical circuits
but the problem i faced was the placing components i spent a lot of Hours placing component because the auto placer did not work (( truly i don't know what to do with it ))
the Orcad auto placer was much easier because (( all what you need is loading placing strategy and one click ))
any help or any idea
regards
mairomaster , 07-28-2017, 11:00 AM
I haven't heard of anybody using the auto-placer at all. I don't even remember if Altium has such an option - you can imagine how useful it is I haven't even heard of anybody using the auto-router successfully. The tools are far for the stage where those tools will be useful for serious work. I suggest you to stay away from them altogether.
Abu Issa , 07-28-2017, 12:49 PM
Of course there are auto anything such as placer router etc.
i've tried manual placing but it takes hours . so what should i do for complex circuits which contains many nets
alferdvidal , 07-28-2017, 01:02 PM
Hi, friend
If you mean to automatically rotate, I will not do this in Altium because it works for quality and I have not used it yet. Of course, Robert will give you the exact answer.
good luck
Alfred
mairomaster , 07-31-2017, 02:27 AM
Especially for a complex circuit it will never work well. You need to spend the time placing the components - that's a bit part of the PCB design. It is a complex process and it depends on so many things - you can't expect from an algorithm to do that for you. The algorithms are really bad for auto-routing as well - a process that's much more simple to automate.
robertferanec , 07-31-2017, 06:52 AM
Abu Issa , 08-06-2017, 04:03 PM
OK thank you all for helping me to believe there is no auto placing in Altium
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?