| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

adding new column to the BOM file

fatemehjml , 12-14-2015, 10:18 PM
Hi,

I want to send my project for the assembly house. The manufacturer has a default format which we should use. There are two columns which I didn't find in default parameters and I need to generate the data automatically. The columns are " top / bottom" & " SMD, BGA, LCC, or TH". How I can have this data in my generated output file?

Regards,
mairomaster , 12-15-2015, 02:51 AM
Hi fatemehjml,

I don't think this is standard in Altium. To do that you should have those particular parameters in every component you use. That might require updating your libraries, or at least the components in the project. With the top/bottom parameter is even stranger, since I don't see a way to automatically sync the parameter with the component layer. Maybe you should ask the manufacturer if that is really necessary.

Do you have assembly layers in your PCB? That might be the more convenient solution and is something standard.

Regards,
Miroslav
robertferanec , 12-15-2015, 12:03 PM
@fatemehjml, @mairomaster is right. If you really need it, you may need to add these parameters into your library.

BTW: I have used many different assembly houses, but I don't think I ever needed to specify these parameters. Here is what we deliver to assembly house (check the Step 2 - Board Assembly, here is link to the full post):

Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?