| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

How to create BOM with clickable Datasheet HyperLink in it?

Nareg , 03-12-2018, 03:32 AM
Hi Everyone, I want to create a BOM with clickable datasheet link in it, but when I create the BOM the link is not clickable, I send my created BOM for you, could you please have a look and help me in this issue?(the datasheet link is in the M44 cell)
The BOM file URL is :
https://ufile.io/obrtt
Thank you.
alferdvidal , 03-12-2018, 07:59 AM
hi
i can help you , i will com bake to night
alferdvidal , 03-12-2018, 08:14 AM

Hello, if you create a link for component , you can create a template document BOM and add link ,so you will have BOM with link address. did i get your question right ? alferd
Nareg , 03-12-2018, 11:28 PM
Hi Alfred,
the component which I create have the link address in its parameters, and also my BOM template have link address, my problem is the link which is on BOM is not clickable, and I have to copy and paste it into my browser, but I want to click on the link in excel and it open browser automatically. if you could please have a look at my excel which I uploaded, you will found out what I mean.
thank you so much
alferdvidal , 03-13-2018, 01:09 AM
Hi Nareg
i can't open your link , i think your link is not copy complete if you can send me again complete link
Nareg , 03-13-2018, 06:50 AM
Hi Alfred,
thank you so much, here you are, the link is: ​https://ufile.io/obrtt
alferdvidal , 03-13-2018, 05:13 PM
Hi Dear Nareg
so sorry for late ,

I saw your document and made it correct. To fix this problem, you can re-link the link in the BOM document ØŒRe-update it through hyperlinking to the BOM document
Regards Alfred
Nareg , 03-13-2018, 11:43 PM
thank you so much Alfred, but I want the altiume automatically do it,(or maybe should I change BOM Template reference) and I do not have to open created BOM excel and re-update it.
Regards Nareg
Nareg , 03-14-2018, 12:04 AM
For example, in this picture, the manufacture part number which is from device parameters is not clickable, but the manufacture part number 1 which is from solution 1 is clickable, I want to create datasheet link like solution 1 which is clickable, (some of my components is not in standard distributor, so I have to add datasheet manually, and I want it to be clickable)
Regards Nareg
robertferanec , 03-14-2018, 08:12 AM
Is not the problem, that Altium puts this sign ' just before every value in the excel table?
Nareg , 03-14-2018, 12:23 PM
Hi Dear Robert, yes exactly the problem is ' before the link when I manually delete ' before the URL it becomes clickable, is it possible to solve this problem so I do not have to open the document and remove ' manually?
robertferanec , 03-14-2018, 12:36 PM
I have seen some questions about removing the single quote, but I do not remember if I have seen solution. I have never needed to remove the single quote, so I can not really help But please, if you find a way how to remove ' from BOMs, let me know. Thank you.
alferdvidal , 03-18-2018, 04:50 PM
Hi guys
Excuse me from being late
I am very busy. I have a solution for you. I hope to help you
Stages of work:
1- Open the new template document and open a new column next to the link column
2. In the new document cell, type the = check box and type the hyperlink word.
3. An opt-in pop-up will open, which you must select the first cell of the link column next to it.
4. In this case, press the enter button.
5. Select your own link column and select the hyperlink option with right click.
6. By selecting the column that wrote the formula, you can select the number of cells that you want to link to.
7. Keep the template document.
If you have a problem, ask.
Regards
Alfred
Nareg , 03-19-2018, 02:05 AM
Hi Dear Alfred, thank you so much, this is what I search for, thank you so much
alferdvidal , 03-19-2018, 08:18 AM
Dear Nareg
you Welcome
good luck
Alfred
alferdvidal , 03-19-2018, 12:08 PM
Dear Robert
Thanks a lot
alferd
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?