| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Editing component parameters in Altium Designer 18

chitransh92 , 06-19-2018, 06:55 AM
Hello,

I am looking for a way to edit the component parameters efficiently and would like to know is there some shortcut or template to edit the component parameters where the "Name" part can be copied from somewhere else and the "value" can be edited later.
Currently we can just use "Add" button to add the parameters one by one which can be tiring for 100-200 parts.
Attaching image of the component parameter ribbon for reference.

Thanks!
robertferanec , 06-20-2018, 05:39 AM
I always import all the parameters through Supplier Search. In AD18 they call it "Part Search". When you are in schematic symbol library, click on Panels button located bottom right, find Part Search. Then find there your component, right click, Import .... That is the way how I fill up the parameters.

PS: I am not sure if there is a different way to copy somehow the parameters for example from Excel or something like that.

This link may help: https://www.fedevel.com/welldoneblog...supplier-data/
MuhammedHesham , 06-25-2018, 06:03 AM
if you want to add it manually
chitransh92 , 07-13-2018, 07:24 AM
@MuhammedHesham
If you are working with over 300 components adding manually will take your life..

​
@robertferanec I did used the "Find Similar Object" option and made my life easier....
Thanks!
Comments:
MuhammedHesham, 07-15-2018, 06:21 AM
I import parameters with manufacturer part number ...i Just demonstrate that he can edit or but his own parameters ...
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?