| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Design Rule for Through Hole to SMD components

chitransh92 , 08-07-2018, 07:53 AM
Hello,

I need to set a design rule in Altium Designer where the minimum distance between any through hole component and any SMD component is not less than 3mm.?

Also if my PTH component is on top layer and SMD on the bottom layer.

Kindly help.

Thank you.
robertferanec , 08-09-2018, 06:23 AM
For this maybe you need to create some component classes and then a rule? I have never done it for components, but I use similar way to specify plated and non plated hole clearance.

chitransh92 , 08-10-2018, 12:37 PM
Yes Robert,
This is one way which came to my mind, I am working with quite a few component and making class for these will take some time.

I found out that Altium has a build in rule feature where we can specify the minimum distance between a TH PAD and SMD Pad and this rule works well in comparatively less time.
robertferanec , 08-14-2018, 03:17 AM
I found out that Altium has a build in rule feature where we can specify the minimum distance between a TH PAD and SMD Pad and this rule works well in comparatively less time.
- Just take into consideration, that this rule sets minimum distance between pads and that distance may be different comparing to distance between components. However, if this rule works for your situation, than it's perfect
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?