| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Restricting pcb library creation from board

sabdul , 08-17-2018, 02:37 AM
Hi can some one please let me know if there is any provision in altium designer which prevents the user from making library from schematic/board files in altium designer

Thanks in Advance
chitransh92 , 08-17-2018, 03:13 AM
Hello @sabdul ,

Ideally, if you have a valid Altium license then there should not be any problem.
Occasionally the Altium designer gets disconnect with the license server and this may restrict the normal working of the software.Check under License and Management if you have a valid and active license.

If you could share any errors you are getting while doing so it would help us to resolve this bit.

Thanks.
sabdul , 08-17-2018, 03:19 AM
@chitransh92 Thanks for the reply,

I would like to make my requirement a bit clear. i have designed a board in alium and i wanted to send the board to third party for few modifications to be done. So in this process i do not want them to extract my footprint library from the provided board file (through Design-->Make PCB Library). So i just wanted to know if there is any such way to do so

Thanks
robertferanec , 08-17-2018, 04:45 AM
I have not heard, that you could disable this. If possible, maybe do not send them everything?
sabdul , 08-17-2018, 04:58 AM
but i dont have any other option other than sharing the board file but is there no other way to stop them from extracting the fps/symbols?
chitransh92 , 08-17-2018, 07:47 AM
@sabdul ,
If you are exporting the Altium project as it is it is suppose to generate the PCB lib components.
May be if you can try using other modes of export of the PCB output that might help.

Thank you.
robertferanec , 08-21-2018, 01:48 AM
@sabdul, if you do not want to share with third party a functional design, there may be more options - for example you could delete some key components from schematic and PCB, you could make some intentional changes to make the design not functional etc. Then you ask them to make their work and you would copy & paste it into your original (not modified) project. However, this requires, that this third party works on specific schematic page or specific location in your PCB. If they need to work with your whole Schematic and PCB, then there is not really many options.

PS: I have never really worried about third party creating a library from my Schematic & PCB. It's just a library.
sabdul , 08-23-2018, 02:16 AM
Thanks for the support
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?