Exporting Test Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting Test Points

I need to export my test points for input into a cam software for location holes for cnc drilling and inserting Coda test pin's for a bed of nails.

What is the best procedure to export the test point locations for this purpose?

The test points are on the bottom layer, is there a way i can define the points i want to use and export only those?
    I am fine with every other layer export.

Thanks

Simon

Something traditionally used in the industry for this purposer is IPC-D-356 netlist. Before exporting it you have to mark all your test points as such in the pad properties.

Comment

Originally posted by mairomaster View Post
      Something traditionally used in the industry for this purposer is IPC-D-356 netlist. Before exporting it you have to mark all your test points as such in the pad properties.

Thanks i thought I would have to, however i wanted to see if there was another option. Many thanks!!!

Comment

If your testpoints are standard components, you may be able to use filter like this: "Name Like 'TP*' and IsPad". Then in properties panel mark these pads as testpoints:

Click image for larger version

Name:	testpoint altium designer.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	391.8 KB
ID:	8862

Then, in job file, in Fabrication Outputs -> Test Point Report you can generate something like this:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	test point report.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	8863

Comment

Working...
        X