| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

How do you select only portions of a multi track net?

miner_tom , 12-29-2018, 10:06 PM
Hi, I am working on Video #6 of the Advanced layout course. In the video, Robert is getting ready to length match the Dram Address control nets. The method, is to delete all portions of the net Except those tracks leading from the source, in this case a BGA, and one pad of one of the DDR Ram. He shows the tracks that have been "pre-selected". I don't know how to make this selection. I have tried using TAB, etc. but nothing worked easily.

Attached is a screen shot from the video showing where Robert has made the selection. I would like to duplicate this.

Thank You
Tom
Paul van Avesaath , 01-02-2019, 12:38 PM
Did the tab key select the whole net on the layer or up until the via? If it did only up to the via then it is as simple as (shortcut keys). S-L select line.. Dragging a line just above the row of via's selecting all tracks on the green layer.. The push one time on the tab key and your done..
miner_tom , 01-02-2019, 08:22 PM
Paul, thank you for the reply. I might be fighting something of a language issue with your reply so I am not 100% sure of what you mean. I chose the net class that I was interested in and only the nets that were on the one layer that was active were visible, as intended. Then I "dragged" the cursor over the bottom of the nets, just above the row of vias that I was interested in and those tracks were selected. When I pressed TAB once, all of the tracks of those nets, even the ones that ere on another layer, became selected. I expect that when you mentioned "S-L" you were referring to SHIFT+L?

Thanks again.
Tom
Paul van Avesaath , 01-03-2019, 01:49 AM
You should try it without selecting the net class first
miner_tom , 01-04-2019, 08:36 AM
Using xSignals got me where I needed to be.

Thanks to all for your responses.

Tom
robertferanec , 01-07-2019, 02:04 AM
Yes, use xSignals. This may give you and idea how to do it, just use single layer mode and select the branches individually only on the layers you need: https://youtu.be/jpk-hfsFaqA?t=2159
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?