| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

off-page connector

JohnsonMiller , 12-30-2018, 10:12 AM
Hi Guys,

Using ports for connection, it is possible to add connection data as page name/number next to ports which help to increase readability and documentation. I was wondering can we do the same with off-page connector?

Using ports without top connection, one port on a page and same port on the another page, thing goes well and ok! However, when I am trying to use top page for wiring, connection is ok, but numbers next to all ports is same, referring to top page. It make sense, but usefulness of page number next to ports gone! Any help or suggestion to keep page numbers from referring to top.

BR,
robertferanec , 01-07-2019, 02:26 AM
I think, this could help: Project -> Project Options -> Options -> Net Identifier Scope: Flat

JohnsonMiller , 09-22-2020, 12:36 PM
Hi Guys,

I am back to this topic, and a question which may sound crazy!
Why Altium does not add a connection address next to the off-page connector, same as it does when we use ports for inter-page connections?!
From a technical point of view, I am not convinced why it is not happening. Do you see any reason?
qdrives , 09-25-2020, 12:40 PM
Altium wants to push you to the Navigator panel, although that does not help if you print your schematics.
JohnsonMiller , 09-25-2020, 01:31 PM
@qdrives , so you are saying no wat to do it?!
qdrives , 09-25-2020, 01:56 PM
I was just testing a bit. Do you want to use off sheet connections instead of ports? Off sheet connections are more limited. Perhaps even a bit buggy as it complains about duplicate names (in a hierarchical design).

robertferanec , 09-26-2020, 12:11 AM
Why Altium does not add a connection address next to the off-page connector, same as it does when we use ports for inter-page connections?
- honestly, I do not know. I think I read somewhere, they created offpage connectors to make it easy to import OrCAD schematic (which is using offsheet connectors). But, who knows if that is the truth ...
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?