| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Problem in making gerber file in Allegro 17.2

Armin , 04-14-2019, 05:25 AM
Hi
I have 2 question in making gerber
I want to make gerber file in Allegro 17.2 but when I want to create artwork I 'll face with this error:
Photoplot outline rectangle not found; using drawing extents.
I didn't face with this error before in 16.6.
What can I do for resolving this issue?

Another question:
What is the differences between Outline layer and Cutout layer? In 17.2 when I want to make gerber gives me a warning to use Cutout instead of Outline. I used always the Outline layer in 16.6 and have not any problem before. is it important to be Cutout?
robertferanec , 04-18-2019, 02:46 AM
Photoplot outline rectangle not found; using drawing extents.
- Maybe this will help? https://community.cadence.com/cadenc...ngle-not-found

In 17.2 when I want to make gerber gives me a warning to use Cutout instead of Outline.
- I am not sure. Do you have a hole inside PCB which is expected to be marked as cutout? Outline is usually around board, cutouts are usually holes inside PCB.
Armin , 04-19-2019, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE=robertferanec;n10532]
- Maybe this will help? https://community.cadence.com/cadenc...ngle-not-found

I saw that link before. Oldmouldy told "It's a warning message that can be safely ignored. " I think I can ignore this error.

Originally posted by robertferanec
- I am not sure. Do you have a hole inside PCB which is expected to be marked as cutout? Outline is usually around board, cutouts are usually holes inside PCB.
No I have not used hole inside the board also I used Outline for around board. I think there is some differences between 16.6 and 17.2. Is it right?
robertferanec , 04-25-2019, 05:42 AM
No I have not used hole inside the board also I used Outline for around board.
I think, in 17.2, for board outline you need to use Design Outline layer. Maybe that could be the problem?
Armin , 05-01-2019, 02:15 AM
I think, in 17.2, for board outline you need to use Design Outline layer. Maybe that could be the problem?
I added Both "CUTOUT" and "Design_outline" to my films but unfortunately still I have the warning.
robertferanec , 05-01-2019, 07:42 AM
Hmm, I do not know Maybe I would try to design a very simple board to see if there is still the problem or I would open a different 17.2 design and check if there is the problem.
Armin , 05-03-2019, 11:04 PM
Hmm, I do not know Maybe I would try to design a very simple board to see if there is still the problem or I would open a different 17.2 design and check if there is the problem.
I wish that. If you could please inform me. Thank you so much
robertferanec , 05-05-2019, 10:32 AM
I wish that. If you could please inform me. Thank you so much
- I am not sure what you mean. I meant, if I was in your situation I would try to design a simple board or I would try to open different design to see if the problem is project specific or if it is something with installation or settings. Hope this helps.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?