| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

logo issues

edward , 05-16-2019, 09:25 PM
I am trying create in the mechanical symbol and follow all your instructions but I have different logo import. the fa_logo_6x6mm came out bigger. so I went to copy the one you got in the Orcad course. after I finished Lesson 10, I then check my board and found that there are 3 Unassigned shapes. How do I resolved these issues.
robertferanec , 05-17-2019, 01:27 AM
You can ignore it or what you can do add "OK_unassigned_shape" property. You can do it like this: Select the shapes, right click -> Edit Property ->OK_unassigned_shape -> True and press Apply button.

I have improved our FEDEVEL search, so you can now ask questions also there:

edward , 05-22-2019, 04:37 PM
Hi Robert, I am working on Lesson 12. I tried to add variant name but the 09-MFG ASM-Bot-5V variant did not show up. The other 3 variant for the top 5V, the 6-24V top and bottom showed up. I followed all you instruction. Also when I output the artwork there is an error message showed up says Database has errors; artwork generation canceled. Please run dbdoctor. I run the dbdoctor and output the Gerber again and the same error message shows up again. Can you please tell me how to correct these issues. Thank you.
robertferanec , 05-24-2019, 07:09 AM
Please attach your project here.
edward , 05-24-2019, 01:31 PM
I tried to attached the project but it say invalid file. so I will just sent it to you by email.
robertferanec , 05-27-2019, 11:08 AM
I am not sure why it doesn't work on your computer. Maybe try first my finished project, see if everything is working ok and then try yours. What layer gives you the dbdoctor error?

- I tried to generate the artwork - works ok on my computer. I do not get any messages about running dbdoctor.
- I can see the 5V B variant ok:
edward , 05-31-2019, 10:50 PM
Hi Robert, I am working on Lesson 12 today and the Assembly Bottom for both variant not fitted did not come out correctly. The schematic PDF came out correctly. I tried to look around but was not able to figure out. Thanks
robertferanec , 06-03-2019, 01:52 AM
Please, what minute in the video exactly you are trying to do and doesn't work? Also, please send me your updated file.
edward , 06-03-2019, 11:57 AM
It is Lesson 12 at 24:21. my assembly drawings for bottom side for both variant did not come out correctly. I tried to attached my PDF file but it say invalid file. I will just email the file.
robertferanec , 06-04-2019, 05:03 AM
You need to mirror the layers when printing them. Or do you mean the unfitted components? You will need to double check if you have correctly set and generated variant file in schematic and you need to be sure you have imported the correct variant file into PCB. (Lesson 11 - 29:15)
edward , 06-06-2019, 09:37 AM
I went back to (Lesson 11 - 29:15) and follow how you did it but the 5V Variant bottom assembly still came out wrong. do I need to delete the 5V Variant bottom variant and re enter it again. I emailed you my schematic and PCB files. I also went to your assembly drawing and the 5V Variant is correct. I hope you have time to check my board. Thanks
robertferanec , 06-06-2019, 11:47 AM
I will check it, just need to finish a few things. If you like, try to delete the layers and do it again, it just should work.
edward , 06-06-2019, 06:39 PM
I was able to fix it so everything is good. I will zip the file and upload it. Thank you
robertferanec , 06-09-2019, 02:16 AM
Awesome! Thank you for letting me know.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?