| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Heterogeneous Symbol In OrCAD Capture.

brucesun , 04-02-2020, 07:50 PM
Hi Robert,

I created a Heterogeneous part with 2 sections like T?A and T?B. But when I incrementally annotated the schematic the references of the part became T1A and T2B. I expected the 2 sections to be T1A and T1B. Did I do something wrong?

Update: I tried the method here but it doesn't work. Also failed this way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sifrtqcE1Rc

Regards,
Bruce
robertferanec , 04-06-2020, 02:34 AM
I can't try that (I still do not have a new license) and I do not remember exactly, but maybe it was something about Update Occurrences vs Update Instances (in the annotation window)? Did you try that options? But I really do not remember ... maybe I didn't spent too much time with it and just named it manually.
brucesun , 04-06-2020, 07:53 AM
Hi Robert,

I tried both update occurrences and update instances but the results are the same. I will create a footprint for this part and I hope the software will treat these 2 symbols as 1 part but not 2.

Thanks.
Bruce
robertferanec , 04-06-2020, 10:17 AM
I will create a footprint for this part and I hope the software will treat these 2 symbols as 1 part but not 2.
- you can manually change the designator and if you use the same number, then it will be one component
brucesun , 04-07-2020, 03:29 PM
Hi Robert,

I completed the footprint for this part and generated the netlist with T1-1 and T2-2 designators. But the problem is that there are 2 components as T1 ans T2.

If I changed the T2-2 as T1-2 manually and the nestlist generating stopped with errors.

#1 WARNING(ORCAP-36050): No pins are present in PCB1. Ignoring this component in netlist.
#2 ERROR(ORCAP-36003): Conflicting values of following Component Definition properties found on different sections of T1.
VALUE
#3 ERROR(ORCAP-36004): Conflicting values of part name found on different sections of "T1".
Conflicting values: XXXXX_(S1+S2)_XXXXXXXXX_(S1+S2)_TERMINAL
Property values of "Device","PCB FootPrint", "Class" and "Value" should be identical
on all sections of the part.
#4 ERROR(ORCAP-36018): Netlisting cannot complete because of the errors listed above in the session log. Correct the errors and netlist design.

I hid some part specific information with XXXX.

Bruce

robertferanec , 04-08-2020, 07:37 AM
The parts are U1A, U1B - same component U1 with two parts A and B. I do not think you can use T1-1 and T2-2, that is not correct. How did you create your symbol? Could you attach some screenshots?
brucesun , 04-08-2020, 08:06 AM
Hi Robert,

The T?-1 and T?-2 are added automatically when a heterogeneous part is created and the numeric numbering is selected. It will be T?A and T?B only if alphabetic numbering is selected.

Please see the attached file.

Bruce

robertferanec , 04-08-2020, 08:37 AM
Ah, then maybe T1-1 and T1-2 would be correct (Component T1, parts 1 and 2)?
brucesun , 04-08-2020, 08:53 AM
#3 ERROR(ORCAP-36004): Conflicting values of part name found on different sections of "T1".
Conflicting values: XXXXX_(S1+S2)_XXXXXXXXX_(S1+S2)_TERMINAL
Property values of "Device","PCB FootPrint", "Class" and "Value" should be identical
on all sections of the part.

I changed the values of the 2 parts according to the error information and I can generate the netlist without any issues.
robertferanec , 04-08-2020, 09:00 AM
So it works now oki?
brucesun , 04-08-2020, 09:15 AM
Yes. The 2 parts must have exactly the same values.

And after the values of the 2 parts are the same, the auto annotated reference designators are T1-1 and T1-2 as I expected before.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?