| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

FLASH symbol for oblong pads

brucesun , 09-08-2020, 12:59 PM
Hi Robert,

How to make a flash symbol for an oblong shaped pad? The wizard is for circular pads only. Do I need to make a shape symbol first? Thanks.

Bruce
robertferanec , 09-12-2020, 01:53 AM
I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do: flash symbol and oblong shaped pad? Are those two different things or you are trying to make a special pad?

PS: If you are trying to make a special shaped pad, then I normally try to avoid creating these (they can be problems when importing between different CAD systems or when working with different versions e.g. very old altium vs new altium) - so I have not really done that. But there should be some materials on Internet, I have seen for example this: https://www.altium.com/documentation...d?version=19.1
brucesun , 09-12-2020, 01:43 PM
Hi Robert,

As my understanding to add thermal relief to a pad we need to create a flash symbol and associated it with the pad. The shape of the through hole pad i'm working on is oblong but not a circle and the wizard to create a flash symbol is for round pad only. So how can I make a flash symbol for this pad?

Also I noticed that there is a pin property named DYN_THERMAL_CON_TYPE. What is this property used for?

Thanks,
Bruce
robertferanec , 09-14-2020, 02:58 AM
As my understanding to add thermal relief to a pad we need to create a flash symbol and associated it with the pad
- I am still not sure what you mean, could you attach a screenshot?

To set thermal relief, you have more options. Here is a screenshot from my course where you can see how you can set it for a Pad:

brucesun , 09-14-2020, 08:05 AM
Thank Robert. Now I realized the Flash Symbol is for negative plane only and we usually don't need to use this function. It's probably the time to go through the course video again.

Bruce
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?