| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Allegro PCB team design

Vidya , 03-12-2021, 06:24 AM
"I have created a partition in PCB team design. Then I imported the worked partition file(incomplete) in the master board. Now I tried to import the completed partition file in the master board, I got the following messages:

""Import failed for Design Partition ""PARTITION_2"" from file ./partition_2.dpf
ERROR: The path ./partition_2.dpf for PARTITION_2 is invalid. The file is out of date.
Click on the location and browse for the correct file.""

I tried recovery mode option also. But the error is not resolved.

Please suggest me how this problem can be solved. I will be very grateful to you. "

Hai Sir,

"We have created a partition in PCB team design. Then we imported the worked partition file(incomplete) in the master board. Master Designer continued the work without exporting further or cancelling the imported board.
Later, when we tried to import the completed partition file in the master board, we got the following messages:

"Import failed for Design Partition "PARTITION_2" from file ./partition_2.dpf
ERROR: The path ./partition_2.dpf for PARTITION_2 is invalid. The file is out of date.
Click on the location and browse for the correct file."

I tried recovery mode option also. But the error is not resolved.

Please suggest me how this problem can be solved. I will be very grateful to you.

robertferanec , 03-12-2021, 07:04 AM
I don't really know. I would try to ask Cadence support.
przemek , 03-15-2021, 08:09 AM
Hi,
I have never worked using Team Design in Cadence, but what comes to my mind:
1. Do you have the old, incomplete file? If yes, can you import this file?
2. Maybe check in User Preferences -> Paths if there are some specific paths that you can use?
3. Another guess would be that you could try Tools -> Database Check. Maybe in the partition file there are some errors that can be fixed.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?