| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Allegro PCB Design DIE package based

Guddanti Mohit , 07-20-2021, 03:22 AM
Respected Sir,

I'm a student of BITS Pilani currently pursuing my undergrad in Electronics and Communication and with exploration I've developed interest for RF and Microwave Design and Research. As part of my project I am making a Receiver PCB at 15GHz on RO4000 and 1/2 oz Cu using DIE packages and Cadence Allegro (Our college has teaching license) and AWR Microwave Office (Has license for the same too).

1)But after making a circuit schematic in CIS capture and then making custom footprint of each DIE in Allegro PCB designer I'm facing an issue as to how to ground each DIE as for the given/required DIEs the ground must connected to the bottom of each DIE package.

2) How do i calculate the signal trace width as the DIE datasheets Don't mention the peak current that it can handle. But current and ambient temperature are required to calculate Singal trace widths in online calculators.
robertferanec , 07-20-2021, 04:53 AM
Wow - honestly I do not know answers on your questions. I would suggest to ask Cadence directly, they may be able to help. I do not have experience with DIE design.

Or maybe someone else can help?
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?