| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Cross probing movement in Allegro 16.3

aerdim , 08-18-2021, 02:33 AM
I can move a component choose in schematic (Design Entry HDL) on PCB (PCB Design GXL). I want to do this with more then a components at the same time. (Like Cross Probing in Altium)
How can we make this?? Thank you.
robertferanec , 08-20-2021, 02:08 AM
I only work with Orcad + Allegro, so I am not sure how it works in HDL. Also, I do not have 16.3, but when I try Placement mode, I can select multiple components in schematic and then place them one by one in pcb:
aerdim , 08-20-2021, 02:23 AM
Thank you for your attention and answer, unfortunately ı did not find the solution in Allegro.
Manjunath K , 08-27-2021, 03:18 AM
​Dear All
My circuit design was attached with this. I design a 2 layer pcb. The thickness was 2mm because we have to apply high voltage (-2000DC) but the current is in micro amps
only. after getting the PCB i solder the required components. The total resistor value suppose to get 16.3Mohm but after soldering the components in PCB it is coming 14.7Mohm only.
please give me solution for this problem.

regards,
K.Manjunath
robertferanec , 08-27-2021, 07:43 AM
Often it is not possible to measure soldered components accurately as the other connected circuits will influence the measurement.

PS: Please, for a new question it is the best to open a new topic.
Manjunath K , 08-27-2021, 08:36 AM
Dear sir,
thanks for your reply. Sir presently we are using same circuit using through hole component directly soldered in photo multiplier tube base. In that circuit the values are showing properly and we are using this past 26 years. Instead of direct soldering I want to solder smd components in pcb using for same purpose. Due to this less value current was increasing and power supply tripped. So this will be pcb problem or design problem or something else. Please help me to find the problem.

With regards,
K. Manjunath.
robertferanec , 08-30-2021, 05:32 AM
Where do you measure 14.7MOhms?
Manjunath K , 08-30-2021, 06:13 AM
Dear sir,
the value was measure between HT IN vs GND.
robertferanec , 08-30-2021, 07:20 AM
I am very surprised that you always used to measure exactly 16.3MOhm there - but maybe it depends on circuit. From my experience, on the board what I normally design, the resistance would vary - especially for so high resistance the values would not be consistent between same boards (and often they would be floating and depend on charging/discharging of all the capacitance in the circuit). Also, I would not be suprised that the value would change when you use different components and different layout.
Manjunath K , 08-30-2021, 08:27 AM
Sir, if we solder the components in the pcb due to other components interference the value may change. But not from 16.3 meg ohms to 14.7 Meg ohms. In through hole components directly solder on pmt base the values are showing properly only. My query is the PCB design may give such problems. Shall I send the pcb layout which I designed.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?