| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Copy Fanout - OrCAD Standard

Piotr , 10-26-2021, 03:43 AM
Hi,
currently I'm working with Learn Altium Essentials Second Edition course, but I'm using OrCAD software.
Do you know how can I make copy fanout according to attached picture?
Thanks
robertferanec , 10-26-2021, 04:40 AM
Hi Piotr, copy and paste should work in Orcad similar way as in Altium. What exactly is the problem?

PS: we have the same course for Orcad: https://academy.fedevel.com/courses/...gro-essentials

Piotr , 10-26-2021, 05:00 AM
Hi Robert,
I can copy fanout, but I can't paste in the middle of pad.
I know that you have the same course for OrCAD, but I have your three hardware package courses and try to work without buying he same course for OrCAD.
robertferanec , 10-26-2021, 05:22 AM
You may want to use snapping menu: right click -> snap pick to

Piotr , 10-26-2021, 01:46 PM
Yes, but at first step when you are trying to copy, you cant't use Snap pick to.
Copy place is the random place, you can copy in middle of the via, at the end of the line etc.
robertferanec , 11-01-2021, 02:24 AM
- Allegro actually has direct support for placing fanout without copy and paste (in fanout mode you should be able just to click on a pad and fanout should automatically appear)
- copy and paste: go to copy command, use left button hold it down and draw a rectangle to select what you would like to copy, use left click to specify where you are going to hold the paste (that is probably what you are looking for?)
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?