Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Few clarifications needed in orcad and cadence allegro based on your videos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut: modify board shape and maybe add a note into manufacturing layer.

Comment

In the pad editor, I found an option 'slot'. Is this for this purpose or something else. Thank you

Comment

Very often you will find slots in connector footprint (e.g. Ethernet footprint can use slots to solder down Shield pins - the shield pins are from thin metal, so the pins are very thin but wide). Or power jack uses slots instead of regular holes to solder down the pins - again very often pins of power jacks are thin but wide: https://www.cui.com/product/resource/pj-002ah.pdf
        Click image for larger version

Name:	slot in power jack.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	8069

Comment

Is there any footprint library or schematics library for allegro? If so, how to use them?
          thanks

Comment

We create all the symbols and footprints in our company.

There are services like SnapEDA ( https://www.snapeda.com/ ) or Ultra librarian ( https://www.ultralibrarian.com/ ) where you can download symbols and footprints. If you use Digikey to buy your components, some of the components already have links to these companies to download symbol and footprint for that components.

Also, when you install OrCAD, I think there are some libraries, try to have a look here: \Cadence\SPB_17.2\tools\capture\library\ and d:\Cadence\SPB_17.2\share\pcb\pcb_lib\symbols\ but as I said, I do not really use it.

Comment

Hi Robert,
              What is this DRC error abt? soldermask to pad and cline spacing...(M-L). Pls let me know how to resolve it.

thanks

Comment

Please, can you attach some screenshots?

Comment

Actually downloaded some footprints from some websites and then used in layout. But those didn’t have soldermask and while sending for manufacturing..some soldermask relief is needed.. when I add soldermask ..it seems to be getting rectified.. I will catch on it if it repeats..Thanks

Comment

Actually downloaded some footprints from some websites and then used in layout. But those didn’t have soldermask and while sending for manufacturing..some soldermask relief is needed.. when I add soldermask ..it seems to be getting rectified..
                    - that is why we create our own symbols and footprints. We have our own standards and also, you need to be sure, that the symbols and footprints are correct. When downloading from internet, you never know ....

Comment

Hi Robert
                      How to handle non plated holes? Because in the footprint it has only one pin whereas in schematic it has to connect 2 terminals. this application is for using current shunt BNC connector in the Pcb.

thanks

Comment

Can you attach some screenshots?

Comment

Working...
                        X