| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Simulation in the Cadence Signal Integrity

mohsin_qau , 02-04-2019, 12:49 PM
Hi Robert,

I am performing the simulation of one the PCB. I followed your instructions that you described in the DDRIII Simulation video. But i am struck at one point.
I didn't find the CAD Translation tool when i want to convert the.brd file into SPD for SI Simulation. Please guide me where can i find this Translator. Because i didn't find it in the pop-up list of Cadence at the Startup.

I am new at Cadence as i am working in Altium Designer and i shift to Cadence for Simulation purpose only after seeing your video.

I am Using Cadence 17.2-2016.
mohsin_qau , 02-05-2019, 05:32 AM
Similar questions regarding the previous threads are:
As a beginner level, I have few questions regarding the Simulation of SI:
  1. I didn’t find the Translation Option to convert the Allegro .brd Design into Sigrity .SPD files.
  2. For the simulation for Signal Integrity, would the Cadence Sigrity package separately install or it is automatically installed when Cadence Allegro Software installed on PC. I didn’t find this option in my software.As i am using the licensed software.

robertferanec , 02-06-2019, 12:37 PM
I think I had to install it separately (I think the second installation created the Cadence Sigrity 2017 in start menu). Maybe that is the reason why you can not see the application for translation?
mohsin_qau , 02-06-2019, 12:42 PM
Ok, i got it. Would the License required for Cadence Sigrity 2017?
robertferanec , 02-11-2019, 04:29 AM
Yes, you will need additional license for Sigrity.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?