| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Changing a packaged IC by its bare die in a schematic on Cadence Allegro

mauriciocarlotto , 02-18-2019, 07:32 AM
Hi everyone. It's my first time here and I really don't know if someone already have this issue. Sorry for my poor English, I'll try to explain the problem as best as I can.
I already have an schematic developed on Orcad Capture and a PCB, with packaged ICs and discrete components, on PCB Editor.
Now I need to change the active components, which are packaged, to its bare dies. I have tried to design the die on the APD, export a .dra file and add this file as footprint in the Capture tool. However, when the netlist is imported in the APD, it becomes impossible to select the die pins to make the wirebond and bond fingers. I also already tried to import the netlist and create the die components trough the Die text-in wizard inside the APD. It allows me to make the wirebond and bond fingers, however the connections made between discrete components and dies, described in the netlist, are not recognized.
I already have a netlist with all the components, but I don’t know how to do the correct process to change the active components for its bare dies in a manner that I can design the wirebonds and bond fingers keeping the connections defined in the previous netlist.
Can anyone help me on how to make this connection between a bare die and its schematic symbol?
Is there any application note which can guide me on this process?

Thank you in advance for any help.
robertferanec , 02-25-2019, 11:15 AM
I do not really know how to work with dies directly Maybe the best would be to talk to Cadence directly.
anovickis , 03-01-2019, 09:40 AM
there is this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmXkI8Nbi3k
but hard to tell what he is pushing or clicking exactly

and this one (approx at 14:00) shows how to add bondwire
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?