| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Microchip bought Atmel - Issue with Flip Software and ATAVR Dragon Programmer?

claudiostazzone , 10-25-2019, 04:31 PM
Hi Robert, Hi All,
I am writing because I finished the OnLine Course on 28Pins! Great! Thank you Robert for giving us this opportunity!

I have found that things have changed a bit. Atmel was acquired by Microchip. So I have two questions.

1) Flip software is now branded Microchip: will it work with the board and Dragon programmer?
2) Dragon programmer is quite difficult to find now, as it is considered obsolete. Any suggestion?

Has anyone managed to bring to life the 28Pins in 2019 with all these changes?

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers!

Claudio
robertferanec , 10-28-2019, 12:34 PM
Hmm, I tried google for a programmer, looks like they changed some stuff. I was able to find official programmer, looks like this could work:
https://www.digikey.sk/product-detai...ICE-ND/4753379

I am quite sure the should be also some cheap programmers, I am just not sure if they will work with AVR Studio .. maybe something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/USBtinyISP-Pr.../dp/B07L6S17VV

Please, let me know what you finally used, so I can recommend it also to others. Thank you.
claudiostazzone , 10-31-2019, 04:40 PM
HI Robert,
thanks a lot for your help. Since I think that some people will find the same issue, I would like to explore some ways in order to been able to set this board to life, while things have changed so much in these years..

So I will document everything I do, and I hope to end with a working board. Maybe I will shot a Youtube video... I have to see with my "family affairs"...!

I take this occasion, in case someone out there in the world is trying to do the same, please write on this forum in order to share ideas. Let's help each other and share knowledge! Thank you in advance!

I am at the very beginning: I have put the PCBs to order, I still have to order components, solder them, and then... we will see!

Thanks for now and, cheers!

Claudio
robertferanec , 11-04-2019, 10:11 AM
Please, post here then the link and let me know. Thank you very much.
Didan , 05-18-2022, 08:23 AM
Hello, any update about how to configure properly the firmware inside 28 pins project board after all changes ?
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?