| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

USB_OTG on Baseboard and Module

milos.stankovic , 08-22-2019, 06:04 AM
Hi!
I am looking at Baseboard schematic. If I choose to use USB0 as USB_OTG there is a jumper JP1 that connects USB_ID to GND if populated, which means that USB micro AB will work as a Host.
For Host operation can be used USB_OTG cable that has ID pin connected to GND. In that case JP1 can be left open. Am I right?
What if I want to use it as a Device? It says in Design Note that for Slave (meaning Client) operation USB0_ID should be left to float...
In module schematic there is Design Note which says that for Device operation USB-ID should be 1. Does it mean that in that case USB_OTG_ID is pulled up inside the iMX6?
For Device operation 5V power supply comes from USB connector. In this case +5V_USB_OTG from J21 will power up +5V, which is going to power +5V_USB_VBUS. Did I understand it correctly?

Best regards,
Miloš
robertferanec , 08-23-2019, 06:34 AM
Check the TinyRex Baseboard Lite - that could help you (Page 9): https://www.imx6rex.com/wp-content/u...-Schematic.pdf

iMX6Rex Development Baseboard doesn't handle 5V automatically - OTG is there more like for testing (it is optional, not fitted by default).

Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?