| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Parallel Pins Description

eugene128 , 02-04-2020, 06:11 AM
Hello. I want to add a parallel camera to TinyRex Solo.
Could you tell, which *.dts file TinyRex uses to configure hardware tree?
Thanks!
marek , 02-10-2020, 12:02 PM
Hello,

I do not have experience in this area but i can provide some hints.
Main DTS file for TinyRex Solo for kernel 4.1 are these ones.

Code:
https://github.com/voipac/linux-fslc/blob/4.1-2.0.x-imx-rex/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-tinyrex.dtsihttps://github.com/voipac/linux-fslc/blob/4.1-2.0.x-imx-rex/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6-tinyrexbasic.dts
TinyRex have Hdmi transceiver chip (adv7610) connected to interface that is often used for parallel camera.
I think the lines below from *.dts are related to parallel interface.

Code:
v4l2_cap_0 {    compatible = "fsl,imx6q-v4l2-capture";    ipu_id = <0>;    csi_id = <0>;    mclk_source = <0>;    mipi_camera = <0>;    default_input = <1>;    status = "okay";};&i2c3 {    adv7610: adv7610@4c {        csi_id = <0>;    };};
In kernel you need to have the driver that will configure camera usually over i2c to proper mode (YCrCb, ...) will set and report correct data to upper layer.
NXP (Freescale) uses OV5642 as an example of camera using parallel interface.

Some information are inside fsl_yocto-L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga.tar.gz:

i.MX_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf - Chapter 19.2 OV5642 Using parallel interface
i.MX_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf - Chapter 7.4.2 i.MX 6Dual/6Quad/6Solo/6DualLite CSI Parallel Interface

Important document is reference manual and nxp community forum that can be searched for "parallel camera" string to get some hints.

Source code provided by Voipac are direct clone of NXP community version copied on some point and enhanced with some drivers you most likely don't need. Feel free to use it only as example of *.dts changes. NXP community version might include "validated" parallel camera drivers while Voipac version was focused on ADV7610 instead.

Best regards,
m
Comments:
eugene128, 02-11-2020, 06:59 AM
Thank you!
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?