| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

TinyRex PCIE

dudisass , 01-31-2021, 02:19 AM
Hi all,

We made a new baseboard for the TinyRex, very similar to the original.

We were able to see all powers on the board and the power-up process looks good.
We were also able to connect and use the mfgtools but we can`t see anything in the terminal, even when trying to load from an SD card.
Could it be because we removed the PCIe and it is affecting the POK? If so, can you advise how to change the Uboot so it will ignore it?
If not, do you any advice on what to check?

Thanks,
Dudi.

robertferanec , 02-01-2021, 03:38 AM
Check RX and TX signals coming out of the CPU. Is there any activity?

PS: Removing PCIE should not influence UART. It could be for example swapped RX/TX
Comments:
dudisass, 02-01-2021, 03:46 AM
we checked the RX/TX lines and there is nothing coming out. the lines are connected exactly as in the schematics of the original base card.I thought that the removal of the PCIE might affect the power up and the POK and that is the reason that we don't see any output, should we expect to see something in the terminal anyway?the green & red lines on the SOM are both ON, not blinking as the green led in the EVK.
robertferanec , 02-01-2021, 05:00 AM
What happen if you run the original software? or, are you using the original software?

Also, does the TnyRex run ok in the original baseboard?
Comments:
dudisass, 02-02-2021, 06:18 AM
I am using the original software. if I use the same SOM on the original baseboard, with the same SD card, it is working.
dudisass , 02-02-2021, 07:20 AM
I was able to see the following in the terminal when using the mfgtool:

U-Boot 2015.04-gde79f6f-dirty (Mar 11 2017 - 08:33:58)

CPU: Freescale i.MX6Q rev1.2 at 792 MHz
CPU: Temperature 58 C
Reset cause: POR
Board: MX6 TinyRex - pro
I2C: ready
DRAM: 1 GiB
MMC: FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1, FSL_SDHC: 2
Card did not respond to voltage select!
MMC init failed
Using default environment

In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
Net: Phy 3 not found
PHY reset timed out
FEC [PRIME]
Boot from USB for mfgtools
Use default environment for mfgtools
Run bootcmd_mfg: <NULL>
TinyRex U-Boot >

but after reset from the U-Boot, I don't see anything.
robertferanec , 02-02-2021, 07:23 AM
This is good, it means, your console is working oki.

What do you mean by "after reset from the uBoot"?
Comments:
dudisass, 02-02-2021, 07:29 AM
I tried this to load from the SD card:mw.l 0x020d8040 0x3040; mw.l 0x020d8044 0x10000000; reset
robertferanec , 02-02-2021, 07:34 AM
If this commend works on the development board, do you use the same SD interface as it is used on Development board?

Because that numbers in the command specify what SD interface you are trying to boot from - if you are using different SD interface, you would have to use different numbers inside of the command.
Comments:
dudisass, 02-02-2021, 07:44 AM
The SD interface is the same as in the development board but I didn't use this command there, it is loading from the SD by default.is there anything else I need to do from the U-Boot?
robertferanec , 02-02-2021, 09:50 AM
I believe, you can try the command also on the development board to see if it will boot up when you use it
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?