| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

In which library is the title block SDTitleBlock

miner_tom , 05-26-2021, 11:37 PM
I was looking in the project folder for iMX53_BB and specifically for the title block SDTitleBlock. I could not find it in imxbb.SCHLIB. In properties, I thought that it was in the Altium Content Vault but I could not find it in there either. I know that it must be somewhere.

Thank You
Tom
robertferanec , 06-07-2021, 05:52 AM
I am not exactly sure what you mean by SDTitleBlock, could you add screenshot? If you mean the default title block, I am not sure where they are stored. But you can easily disable it and create your own: https://youtu.be/cD-iW0LNR9Q

PS: If you use A365. I think you can change them in the templates, but I do not normally work with them. I just think I watched a video about how to update them.
miner_tom , 06-07-2021, 04:47 PM
Hi Robert,

Attached is a screenshot of the Title BLock. There is a clue about the "Altium Content Vault" but I looked and did not see anything so named as SDTitleBLock.

Yes, I did view the video that you referenced. However, after nearly 40 years of working with schematics and libraries (new to Altium) I expect that all symbols and footprints used in a schematic have to be stored somewhere in a library or file other than on the schematic page.

Thank You
Tom

robertferanec , 06-07-2021, 10:31 PM
Yes, that titleblock is from library. Just generate a library from that project and you will get it: https://youtu.be/zhuHE9b4C_8
Paul van Avesaath , 06-09-2021, 12:50 AM
Just curious, why do you use a component for a title block? could be usefull indeed never thought of it.. but still making schdot file for now..
miner_tom , 06-09-2021, 10:00 AM
Hi Robert,

You attribute too much intelligence to me on this topic . I have your layout course and there were there some title blocks that I liked and some that I did not. Truthfully, I thought that you had designed your own title block and I was looking for that "component" so that I could use it. I expected that it existed as a library component, somewhere.

There is a separate video that you did where you designed a title block. I don't remember it 100% off hand, but were you designing that title block as a component that you could re-use on any schematic page, or were you editing the schematic page itself?

Thank You for all of your advice.

Tom
qdrives , 06-10-2021, 08:56 AM
robertferanec , 06-14-2021, 07:21 AM
but were you designing that title block as a component that you could re-use on any schematic page, or were you editing the schematic page itself?
- yes, we designed the title block as a symbol, so we can re-use it in our other projects. I do not normally edit schematic page template.
frgo , 08-29-2021, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by robertferanec
- yes, we designed the title block as a symbol, so we can re-use it in our other projects. I do not normally edit schematic page template.
Hi -

any specific reason for not editing page template? Reusability? Maintainability?

Thanks!

// Frank
robertferanec , 08-30-2021, 03:26 AM
any specific reason for not editing page template?
- we are not using templates
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?