| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

TinyRex LVDS Display

blueprint , 08-16-2021, 09:16 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what changes would be necessary to disable the HDMI display and enable the LVDS display (single channel)?

Also, if I want to change the resolution of the display in u-boot (as well as enabling LVDS), can this be done using the environment variables or do I need to rebuild and re-flash u-boot? We are targeting a micro-display with an 800x600 resolution.

Thanks in advance!
marek , 08-22-2021, 09:49 AM
Enabling/disabling/configuring display outputs is possible over kernel command line. Best source is official documentation (https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?...0-LINUX-DOCS):
HTML Code:
i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdfi.MX_Linux_Release_Notes.pdfi.MX_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf
Some examples:

The kernel command line for 24-bit LVDS panel (4 pairs of LVDS data signals) displays
the following line if the panel is properly connected:
HTML Code:
video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,if=RGB24
The kernel command line for 18-bit LVDS panel (3 pairs of LVDS data signals) displays
the following line if the panel is properly connected:
HTML Code:
video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,if=RGB666
Tells the kernel/driver which resolution/depth and refresh rate should be used for display port 0 or 1.
See the parameter information under Documentation/fb/modedb.txt
HTML Code:
1. video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24 video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,if=RGB6662. video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,if=RGB666 video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB243. video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB244. video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,if=RGB6665. video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,CLAA-WVGA,if=RGB6566. video=mxcfb0:dev=mipi_dsi,TRULY-WVGA,if=RGB24
LVDS support in u-boot is untested. This change will definitely require u-boot recompilation.
The "board/freescale/mx6sabresd/mx6sabresd.c" is NXP reference platform and it contains support for "Hannstar-XGA" with is lvds panel. This source code must be ported/copied/modified including surrounding configuration. But there is still chance that it won't work as intended.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?