| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Board Bring Up of iMX6

Ramesh_Unified , 10-09-2021, 05:02 AM
Hi Guys

We have made our own board based on iMX6 Open Rex Ultra. Reset is reaching the processor, Crystals are working properly and so are the voltages. The board doesn't recognize the SPI Flash. We have brought out only OTG interface, no JTAG. The board has only two interfaces - 1 RGB 24 bit and 2. USB OTG. In fact we salvaged OpenRex boards, removed the iMX6, Flash etc and all other components on board (just to check) and put them on our target board. Nothing seems to work at all. The board is in absolute silence.

TIA
Ramesh
robertferanec , 10-11-2021, 03:45 AM
Did you try to use MFGTOOL?
Content Get and compile the latest uBoot Run uBoot on an empty board Flash uBoot for the very first time into a fresh board Programming eFuses on very fresh
Ramesh_Unified , 10-11-2021, 03:50 AM
The Processor is not yet awake I guess. I dont even get the CE for the SPI Flash. Remember these are the same components all salvaged from the iMX Rex Dev Boards and put on our target board.
robertferanec , 10-11-2021, 05:10 AM
Ramesh_Unified , 10-11-2021, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by robertferanec
No response on MFGTOOL .
robertferanec , 10-11-2021, 05:18 AM
If the USB from the module is not detected on your PC when CPU is in serial downloader mode, then there is something very bad - means nothing is working.
Ramesh_Unified , 10-11-2021, 05:33 AM
If the USB from the module is not detected on your PC when CPU is in serial downloader mode, then there is something very bad - means nothing is working.
Yes...thats the whole issue where I need help.
robertferanec , 10-11-2021, 06:21 AM
that is very hard to help ... however, if all the powers are ok, if power sequencing is ok and if all crystals are working, the cpu serial downloader should be visible on PC, unless the CPU is damaged. (of course we are assuming that all the other things which are connected to CPU are also ok)
Ramesh_Unified , 10-11-2021, 06:35 AM
that is very hard to help ... however, if all the powers are ok, if power sequencing is ok and if all crystals are working, the cpu serial downloader should be visible on PC, unless the CPU is damaged. (of course we are assuming that all the other things which are connected to CPU are also ok)
Sharing schematics - will it help ? Do you have enough time to go through and give feedback ?
robertferanec , 10-11-2021, 07:36 AM
I am sorry, I have a lot of work. I am sure you can find the problem by yourself. You will learn a lot during that process.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?