| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

IMX6 Boot Issue

Erdem35 , 09-22-2022, 10:18 AM
Hello, I am working on IMX6 Dual board which is not booting from eMMC or SD Card. My main question is how I can test if DDR - CPU connection is working properly.
I tried mfgtool and board can be recognized but I can not make it boot from SDP too.
I want to test DDR3 calibration via DDR Stress Test Tool but I could not find it in NXP website. Can you provide the software for testing DDR3 on die terminations? and how do you think I can proceed ?
robertferanec , 09-26-2022, 12:51 AM
Maybe it's something wrong with the uboot image? If I remember right, you should see a message even if the memories are not configured. Did you try to upload uboot directly to the memory? Maybe this can help: https://www.imx6rex.com/software/how...t_empty_module
Lakshmi , 10-07-2022, 10:31 PM
Hi @Erdem35​,
Check these links and check all the power rails are fine and Any CLK Out from uP is there?
BACKGROUND: We have an existing system (custom designed), that exhibits a bootup failure.  The nature of the failure is that the processor appears to not recognize our boot device properly on first time power up, even though our BOOT_MODE and Configuration pins are set properly. Some notes: When b...

@Hi. I am developing the board with IMX6 Quad and Dual. Both have the boot issue when it powers on. Only when the power is on within 3 seconds or less, the board is booting from the eMMC properly. Otherwise, the board always goes into USB serial boot mode. When the POR_B is reset again, then it bo...

Hello, I have some units have boot failure on the custom board. (about 5~7% failure out of 200 units). I'd like know if anyone else saw the similar problem below. The custom board has been designed with - i.MX6 solo (MCIMX6S5DVM10AB) - PMIC (MMPF0100F0EP) - MAX8903CETI+ (system power + charging IC)...
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?