| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Signal Length Value

ecastaing , 03-28-2023, 08:17 AM
Hello all,
I've been working on the activities for the Advance PCB Layout course (Lesson 3) and ran into the following situations:

Some nets, without any tracks connected/routed, show a "Signal Length" value.

If I ignore this and route the nets, the "Routed Length" value is greater than the "Signal Length" one by a few mm.

Lastly, on some occasions, the Signal Length does not increase when I increase the length of the tracks/length tune the track, which makes length tunning impossible.

Am I missing something here or doing something wrong?

Thank you​
robertferanec , 03-29-2023, 01:38 AM
I am not sure what Altium version you use, but there were some versions which had problems with the length shown in the PCB Panel.

Maybe try to use xSignals, if it will show correct values (please let me know if this helped):
This video explains how to setup xSignals and do length matching in Fly-by & T-Branch DDR3 memory layout. It also shows how to setup xSignals with passive co...

ecastaing , 03-30-2023, 03:35 PM
Hi Robert,
Thank you very much for your response.

I'm using Altium 22.2.1.

I tried the xSignal approach, but it didn't work, unfortunately. However, I was able to fix the issue by simply adding a track segment and then removing it (it seems like this can be done anywhere on the net).

The only thing that comes to mind is that the after adding the new track segment, the Signal Length value was recalculated properly.

What do you think?​​
robertferanec , 04-03-2023, 08:44 AM
The only thing that comes to mind is that the after adding the new track segment, the Signal Length value was recalculated properly.
I have seen this behavior before and it really may help
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?