| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

PCB Panel From-To-Editor update in High-Speed Design Course, Lesson 4

abarnai , 10-02-2016, 08:18 PM
In the High-Speed Design Course, Lesson 4, in about 1 hour and 6 minutes into the video, when you add the selected nodes to the lower list of From-To-On-Net to define the pin pairs, in the PCB Panel, as Robert also acknowledges with a 'Thumb down' in the video that the routed length indication does not update in Altium Designer as it should.

However, when he seems to click inside the Nets list in the PCB panel a few seconds later, magically it is updated, and showing the routed length values for the pin pairs.

What is the 'magic' how you get to update the routed length indication for pin pairs?

I used Altium 13.3 at home and I cannot get the pin-pairs routed lengths to update in any way. I can try it on Altium 14 at work tomorrow.

Any input on this, how you can make it to update?

Thanks.

P.S. I managed to take two low quality screen images, hope it helps.

robertferanec , 10-05-2016, 09:23 AM
They improved this by each version of Altium ... in the Altium 16 and when you use xSignals, the length is updated on the fly (when you are routing).

In the oldest Altiums, I do not remember exactly, but some numbers only were updated when you run DRC check (Tools -> Design Rule Check -> Run Design Rule Check) ... but I may be wrong, I do not really remember this.
abarnai , 10-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Thank you. I was experimenting with it and looks like the DRC check that makes it update or break it is 'UnroutedNet' check. It was not updated, then I turned on 'UnroutedNet' check only, ran DRC check and it magically updated. The other DRC checks don't seem to affect it. See screen shots.

It was Altium version 14.2 that I used for this.

robertferanec , 10-10-2016, 09:47 AM
@abarnai, thank you very much for posting it here.
antoniocontursi660 , 03-24-2020, 04:50 AM
i have the some problems with Altium 20, but it doesn't work...Some help?
robertferanec , 03-25-2020, 09:02 AM
Yes, I have seen some people still reporting the problem. I am not sure why this is happening (we also have problems with older projects opening in new Altium where lengths are not being updated or not calculated or the lengths are broken).
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?