| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

IMX rex PCIe cards. Is there control code in the processor reference code?

miner_tom , 12-15-2016, 01:12 PM
Hi Robert,

Perhaps the title of this post is a little awkward, so let me explain.

I purchased your layout course and am considering your embedded systems programming course but this is not directly related.

I have one question: Recently, I read a post from mRobotics describing the Solo Link project, in which, you were intimately involved. I read the article carefully where it describes the work of an embedded programmer, Allen Mathews, who wrote code that enabled the iMX6 to use a single PCIe mini card to transmit three types of digital signals. Without giving away ANY sort of proprietary technical information, can you tell me if the code inside the PCIe card was (or could be) modified? In fact, in the open source IMX rex card, with two PCIe cards included, can the code (if the source code is available) be modified in any way? I am talking about the code in the PCIe card not the code in the IMX. Of course, is it the case such that the PCIe board is loaded from code in the IMX? Is there any code at all in the PCIe card or is it strictly hardware? I have seen situations where peripherals are initialized by the main controller or SOC.

I have done a lot of searching for information like this but all that I seem to come up with are advertisements for PCIe cards.

Thank You
Tom
robertferanec , 12-15-2016, 02:19 PM
Tom, as this was a custom project I can not really speak much about it (even, honestly I don't know how they did the software). Maybe the best place to ask is in the questions below the article or on some drone forums. I am sorry I can not help, but I am sure you understand.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?