| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Tiny Rex Boot configuration.

tanbakoo , 12-27-2016, 12:14 AM
Hi,
please explain what is the efuse configuration of tiny rex?
In tiny rex base board we can change only Boot_Mode_0 and so we have only 2 option: a)efuse b)serial download and we can not change Boot_Mode_1. Is it due limit of base board or due limit of core board?
I want main boot configuration set to SATA or spi norflash but I can boot from sd card,serial loader,USB flash memory,... what is the the correct configuration?
efuse is OTP? so when we buy a Tiny Rex module can not change efuse? If we program incorrect efuse so tiny rex module will be damge and there is not way to repare it?

I am confused about boot configuration. Please guide me?
Best Regards
robertferanec , 12-27-2016, 08:28 AM
- It is not necessary to control Boot Mode 1. You only need to know the correct eFuses settings.
- I am not 100% sure what is default VOIPAC TinyRex module eFuse settings. It will be booting up from SD card or SPI.
- You can ask VOIPAC do not set the eFuses, that is not a problem. Once you get the modules, you can burn the eFuses to boot up from the interface you need.
- Once you burn eFuses and the setting is wrong, only the way to fix it is to replace the CPU

Have a look at the iMX6 Reference manual (Chapter 5 Fusemap), that may help you: http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/.../iMX6DQPRM.pdf
tanbakoo , 12-27-2016, 01:08 PM
Hi robert,
Now boot from sd card on the tiny rex. Can you send efuse config for spi nor flash?
please more explain about efuse because it is very dangerous!!!
robertferanec , 12-30-2016, 03:43 PM
Hi @tanbakoo. Honestly, I do not know what are the exact eFuse settings what VOIPAC uses. I would have to test it the same way as you would need to test it (I would need to buy an empty new module from VOIPAC, have a look into documentation and try to burn the eFuses). However, once you receive a module with eFuses set, you can simply read the settings: http://www.imx6rex.com/open-rex/soft...-fuse-command/

You can try to ask directly VOIPAC. Do not forget and attached your order number or module number to your email.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?