| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Altium Libraries for iMX6

Wesperos , 01-13-2017, 08:30 AM
Hello folks,

I've started watching Advanced PCB Layout "Placement" video. It seems I'd learn a lot from it. I try to practice in my Altium while watching what Robert is doing. Please, tell me if I've missed something:
  1. I've downloaded iMX6 files and iMX6 Template files (also for the Develompent board)
  2. I've copied iMX6 schematics files into iMX6 Template folder
  3. I will import all components from sch to the empty pcbDoc file and place components the way Robert explains

Problem is: i can't import them, because I don't have Library files of your projects. Is there a way to get them somehow?
Cheers,

Wesperos
Wesperos , 01-15-2017, 06:55 AM
OK, I found solution that enables me to practice Altium:

copy an existing finished iMX6 board, select all componets, replace them completely outside the board and reallign then, select all tracks and vias, delete them.
mairomaster , 01-16-2017, 01:50 AM
I think you should have a different simplified version of the project for each lesson, specially made for doing the activities for the particular lesson. Then you just open the particular project and you can start doing the activities straight away - everything is setup for you.
Wesperos , 01-16-2017, 02:01 AM
Yeah, it seems so. I just started the course with no previous knowledge on how it will look like, so I had try somewhere...
robertferanec , 01-16-2017, 01:15 PM
@Wesperos, yes, as @mairomaster mentioned, each lesson has some activities and also files for the activities. Go to the lesson page and scroll down to the download section. You should be able to download the files from there. If you need any help, let me know.
Wesperos , 01-17-2017, 03:16 AM
@robertferanec Thanks! I haven't even seen there is the "Activity" part under the video
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?