| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

enable flexcan in imx6q

ahmad majeed , 01-27-2017, 08:00 AM
Hello,

I built the yocto project for openrex board and I would like to enable the flexcan. By default, it is disabled, therefore how can I enable it in openrex? any advice.

Thanks
robertferanec , 01-28-2017, 09:25 AM
Hello Ahmad,

we have not tried it on OpenRex yet, but you can try to google for generic CAN info on iMX6. I know some people are using it.

Please when you find out how to enable it, let us know. Thank you very much.

- Robert
ahmad majeed , 01-29-2017, 01:16 AM
Thanks Robert! I came to the same conclusion as yours.

However I made little investigation and I discovered that we need to enable the flexcan1 by editing the "imx6q-openrex.dts" file and adding to the felxcan1 the following:

status = "okay"

It looks by default the can is disabled and we need to explicitly enable it.

I am new to yocto project (bitbake, recipes, meta-layer etc) and I am guessing that this configuration needs to be done in a patch but don't know exactly the location. Do you have any idea about the steps to enable any interface like i2c in openrex while building the yocto linux. The steps will be similar to that for flexcan.

I also suggest to add such information in the page of openrex to make it easier to the community to configure.

robertferanec , 01-30-2017, 10:00 AM
I have created a lot of documentation about how to compile and edit the files. This will help you: http://www.imx6rex.com/open-rex/openrex-content/
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?