| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Custome Boards using Allwinner A83T

andreasKaragiannis , 09-12-2017, 06:46 PM
I am new to Android/linux embedded systems. I am having trouble really understanding the whole Android/Linux embedded system. I downloaded an Android/linux SDK that works for Allwinner A83T. One problem is that all documentation is in Chinese. I used software to translate the documents and i was able to compile but still not working on my custom board. I don't understand where everything is defined and how to configure based on my board design. Is there some code I can compile just to see my hardware is communicating. I really need some help. I am following the tutorial and i am currently following.
robertferanec , 09-14-2017, 05:08 PM
One problem is that all documentation is in Chinese
- This is one of the reasons why I am very careful about the chips I select for designs, not available documentation. However, I understand - Allwinner has a very good price.

I can not really help much with this. Only what I can recommend is try to search through Github (e.g. google for "Allwinner A83T github"). Maybe some people have done it and you will be able to see what kind of changes they did?
andreasKaragiannis , 09-14-2017, 05:38 PM
Robert, thank you for the reply. How so I know what files to edit inorder to reflect my schematic. I tried searching for GPIO names (from datasheet) but it's located in a lot of files.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?