| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Raspberry Pi Camera with Tinyrex UltraModule and Baseboard Lite

r.valvekar_Nexustec , 09-29-2017, 04:34 AM
For last couple of days I have been trying to start the Raspberry Pi Camera Module V1.3 with Tiny Rex Ultra and Baseboard Lite. The following are the details of the Operating System that I am using:

Linux Lubuntu with linux-fslc-4.1-rex Kernel.

I did try to test the camera with the testing procedure that is provided on the voipac website wiki in the section CSI on this website http://wiki.voipac.com/xwiki/bin/vie...inyrex/testing
The camera module gets detected on the i2c bus with UU at 0x36. The results of lsmod also shows the same as per the testing screenshots. But when i use gst-launch, the camera is powered up for few seconds and it turns off, without any image on the screen.

I dont know if any one has tried using a raspberry pi camera module on tinyrex, but this is where I am stuck. I was also checking if I could get any images for the operating system, which i found on the github on this link https://github.com/voipac/imx6tinyrex_bin_linux, but unfortunately there are no images for tinyrex ultra. I could use tinyrex max on tinyrex ultra, but most of the functionalities are non-functional. Plus i noticed that i cannot use apt-get and dpkg since, they were not found.

On other hand, I also tried installing Android which is provided by Voipac, but the system does not support the camera module.

I am looking forward for some positive help, solution or even links to drivers.

Thank You

marek , 10-01-2017, 06:28 AM
Yocto DEMO images are stored here:
Downloads section includes datasheets, project files, binaries and additional documentation for Voipac COMs and SBCs.

Downloads section includes datasheets, project files, binaries and additional documentation for Voipac COMs and SBCs.

Yocto DEMO images are used to evaluate peripherals and testing only.

This is the camera log running fsl-image-gui-imx6-tinyrexultra-2.3.sdcard image. Some images were displayed but it was very slow and choppy.
Code:
root@imx6-tinyrexultra:~# echo 2 > /sys/bus/i2c/devices/1-0036/ov5647_moderoot@imx6-tinyrexultra:~# gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device="/dev/video1" ! video/x-bayer,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=30/1 ! queue ! bayer2rgb ! videoconvert ! fbdevsink[INFO] Product Info: i.MX6Q/D/SERROR: unrecognized std! 0 (PAL=ff, NTSC=b000display(/dev/fb0) resolution is (1920x1080).power_down_callback: ipu0/csi0power_down_callback: ipu0/csi1Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...New clock: GstSystemClockERROR: v4l2 capture: unsupported ioctrl!ERROR: v4l2 capture: unsupported ioctrl!WARNING: from element /GstPipelinePipeline0/GstFBDEVSink:fbdevsink0: A lot of buffers are being dropped.Additional debug info:../../../../gstreamer-1.8.1/libs/gst/base/gstbasesink.c(2854): gst_base_sink_is_too_late (): /GstPipelinePipeline0/GstFBDEVSink:fbdevsink0:There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow.WARNING: from element /GstPipelinePipeline0/GstFBDEVSink:fbdevsink0: A lot of buffers are being dropped....Additional debug info:../../../../gstreamer-1.8.1/libs/gst/base/gstbasesink.c(2854): gst_base_sink_is_too_late (): /GstPipelinePipeline0/GstFBDEVSink:fbdevsink0:There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow.^Chandling interrupt.Interrupt: Stopping pipeline ...Execution ended after 0:00:15.719039002Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...Setting pipeline to READY ...Setting pipeline to NULL ...Freeing pipeline ...
Camera driver is from here

In the case the camera is working under yocto and not working under ubuntu then the difference is most likely in gstreamer. The kernel driver might be missing proper callbacks to satisfy gstreamer startup calls to setup camera. I can't help to investigate what is missing because i know nothing about it.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?